Heritage Open Days are an annual national celebration of England’s fantastic architecture, culture and history.
All over the country during the weekend of Thursday 11th of September to Sunday 14th September free access is available to properties that are usually closed to the public or that normally charge for admission.
In leicester properties and events taking part in the weekend are:
* Access to Sttetton (Railways) Collection Leicester Central Library
* All Saints Church War Memorials Project
* BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir
* Belgrave Cemetery
* Castle Hills Country Park
* Glenfield Tunnel
* Jewry Wall Museum Presnts – Bath House Tours
* Leicester Cathedral
* Leicester Synagogue
You’ll need to book a place on some of the events and also check the opening times of others visit: http://www.heritageopendays.org.uk/ for more information.