In our last session of ‘The Human Journey’, we looked at the appearance of our own species, Homo sapiens, and various theories about how we spread around the world.
Further reading on this subject includes:
- Out-of-Africa versus the multiregional hypothesis (Nature)
- Recent African origin of modern humans (Wikipedia)
- Multiregional origin of modern humans (Wikipedia)
- The Great Human Migration (Smithsonian Magazine)
- Rethinking our human origins in Africa (Natural History Museum, London)
This short video clip helps to illustrate some of the proposed routes: